A Traffic Control Laborer will perform flagging duties in accordance with all safety
regulations and procedures. This includes setting up and using signs and equipment to
direct traffic around work zones.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follows safety rules and regulations on and in all work zones and flagging
sites, including placing signage, barricades, traffic cones, and other warning
- Operates company vehicles in accordance with all safety regulations and laws.
- Operates miscellaneous hand tools in accordance with all safety regulations and
- Conducts routine equipment maintenance and daily equipment inspections
according to company standards.
- Routinely conducts facility and vehicle housekeeping/maintenance
- Prepares trip sheets and maintains accurate records.
- Performs tasks in the interest of public safety and property and the motoring
- Responds to emergencies as directed by supervisors.
- Immediately notify department supervisors of any emergency, vehicle
accidents, worksite accidents, and/or other serious reported incidents.
- May occasionally assist with delivery of materials to worksites or client locations.
- Other projects and initiatives that drive organizational goals and results.
Education, Certifications & Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum of 1-5 years of general labor work experience preferred.
- Valid For-Hire license endorsement with DOT physical and clean driving record.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of traffic control or highway construction preferred.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and a desire to create solutions.
- Prior experience working under tight deadlines with changing priorities.
- Ability to uphold regulatory and company standards.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal or external
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport and effective communication with
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to stand for
long periods of time, load and unload safety traffic equipment, therefore using
hands to finger, handle, or feel, walk, reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel,
talk and hear. The employee is moderately required to move and/or lift up to 50
pounds. Employees will be moderately required to operate certain machinery.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to
- This position will travel to off-site locations and therefore require wearing all PPE
depending on circumstance which may include dust mask, safety glasses, hard
hat, ear protection, high-visibility safety vest and/or safety pants and/or steel toed
footwear. At times client contract driven PPE may also be required.